Silver-grey EPS with an enhanced graphite composite which improves its insulation properties. EPS based on the innovative NEOPOR material by BASF. This EPS demonstrates higher insulation performance than the HOT DOTTED product. GALAXY façade boards are recommended for thermal insulation in the ETICS (External Thermal Insulation Composite System).
- thermal insulation in frame wall
- thermal insulation on the surface of stud walls
- thermal insulation in the enclosed slot of cavity walls
- thermal insulation in the ventilated slot of cavity walls
- insulation of the upper tie beams, lintels and other thermal bridges
- insulation of balcony loggias
- thermal insulation of window jambs
- thermal insulation of window lintels
- thermal insulation in sandwich panels
- continuous layer of thermal insulation on plinth walls
- filling expansion joints
After fixing to the external wall, EPS boards should be immediately covered with the outer layer: the reinforcing layer and plaster in thermal insulation systems, outer panels in three-layered walls, etc., in order to protect the EPS against direct operation of weather conditions (UV radiation) which have a destructive effect on EPS surface.
Galaxy façade boards demonstrate increased resistance to UV radiation, but in prolonged exposure to weather conditions, the surface layer of the boards may be covered with a yellowish coating. In such a case, before the reinforcing layer is applied in the ETICS system, remove the coating with fine sandpaper until there are no loose particles on the surface which could weaken the adhesion to the polystyrene.
Galaxy façade boards should be protected against direct sunlight, with protective meshes on the scaffolding while the work is being done and 3 days minimum after it is finished.
Packaging, storage, transport
Galaxy façade boards are supplied in the original manufacturer's packaging only. The label on the packaging contains the following information: product name, manufacturer's name and factory name, production date, Standard EN 13163 number, code according to this standard, declared technical characteristics. Galaxy façade boards should be stored in a manner to protect them against damage and weather conditions.