Fast drying priming emulsion for absorptive substrates, under screeds, renders, subfloors and finishing coats. It is manufactured on the basis of the highest quality water based acrylic dispersion.
- for absorptive substrates
- under screeds and subfloors
- under adhesives, renders, finishing coats and paints
- strengthens the substrate
- high yield
- Improves setting conditions of mortars – contributes to reaching design parameters by the latter.
- Strengthens the surface of primed mineral substrates – permeates the surface, strengthens it and strengthens and improves its load capacity.
- Prevents “taking in” excessive amount of water from the layer applied upon the substrate – limits the absorption of the substrate.
- Unifies the absorption of the whole primed surface – the applied layer has similar setting conditions, irrespective of local changes in the substrate parameters.
- Creates temporary protective layers on subfloors – improves the resistance of the floor to dust deposition, facilitates its cleaning (must not be considered as the final finishing layer).
- Increases the yield of paints, finishing coats and adhesives – by sealing the structure of the primed surface, it increases the yield of materials used for the execution of the next layer.
Kinds of primed substrates- absorbent, excessively absorptive and weakened:
- concrete, plasterboard, gypsum and cement renders,
- rough walls of all kinds of brick, blocks, hollow brick, as well as concrete and anhydrite subfloors;
- wood-based substrates.
Types of finishing layer – tile facing, renders, subfloors, finishing coats, wallpapers, paints, WODER E or WODER S watertight insulations.
- Very short drying time – the finishing layers can be applied already after 2 hours.
- No solvent required – it is manufactured on the basis of a water dispersion of acrylic resin.
- Non-saponifiable during application.
- Transparent after drying.
- Permeable for steam.
- Inflammable – can be used in premises without fönsters.
- Substrate preparation.The substrate must be dry, free from dust, dirt, oils, grease and wax. Remove all loose layers inappropriately adherent to the substrate before emulsion application.
- Emulsion preparation ATLAS UNI-GRUNT is manufactured as a ready-to-use emulsion. It must not be combined with other materials or thickened, but it may be diluted in 1:1 proportion.
It is best to apply the emulsion upon the substrate in undiluted form, once, using a roller or a brush, as a thin and uniform layer. For the first priming of very absorptive and weak substrates, emulsion diluted with water in the proportion of 1:1 may be used. After the first layer has dried, repeat the priming using undiluted emulsion this time.
Access to the surface
Painting, wallpapering, tile fixing, etc. may begin after the emulsion has dried, i.e. about 2 hours after its application.
The average consumption is at 0.05 ÷ 0.2 kg of emulsion for 1 m2. In practice, the consumption depends on the absorptivity of the substrate.
Important additional data
- Gypsum substrates must be primed before painting, following the recommendation of the paint manufacturer.
- Clean the tools with clean water directly after use.
- Possible emulsion stains can be removed with ATLAS SZOP 2000 preparation.
- Keep out of the reach of children! Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- The emulsion must be transported and stored in tightly sealed packaging, dry and in positive temperatures. Protect against overheating. The emulsion shelf life is 12 months from the production date printed on the packaging.
Plastic containers: 5 kg
Pallet: 540 kg in 5 kg containers.